Saturday, April 11, 2009

A wrinkle in time

I've noticed I am starting to get defined lines around the corners of my eyes. It's not a huge deal, but I'd like to try to slow my wrinkling if possible. The other week my friend Laura and I were talking about our respective wrinkles and the products we use.

Strangely enough, I've turned to Costco for help. (Love that place!!) They sell face creams in two packs; kinds that I am too cheap to buy on their own. The paired packaging works terrific as I've been able to split the cost with my mom and aunt.

We've bought both the Roc Deep Wrinkle Day (+SPF) and Night treatments and the Oil of Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream. [I really can't imagine I will need more than those...]

The Roc creams are supposed to diminish "expression lines" and deep wrinkles. Of course it also acts as a moisturizer, SPF (the daytime version) leaving the skin smoother and younger-looking. And who am I kidding - that is the goal!

The Oil of Olay stuff is supposed to regenerate volume and shape, restore elasticity and firm sagging skin. I may be delusional, but as far as I know I don't have any of the problems above and things will stay that way. [Okay… maybe I am delusional… ]

I mentioned my expression lines to my friend Mary, too. She's an esthetician and knows preventative (and reactive) measures to reduce the signs of aging. Her first suggestion: wear sunglasses. So I bought a fresh pair of sunglasses (from Target this time) and will make an effort to wear them!
Here's what I don't have (and kind of want): Oil of Olay Microdermabrasion & Peel System. Laura has it and uses it twice a week. It sounds interesting. It's two products: derma crystals and an activator serum. Apparently the serum reacts with the crystals creating a conditioning foam and warming sensation. It resurfaces the skin's texture, activates cell renewal and diminishes fine lines and wrinkles. I'll wait a while on this one. Maybe Costco will start stocking it…

No comments: