[It is so nice to see his family! We haven't seen them since Thanksgiving, which is WAY too long!!]
In celebration of today, here is some Easter Trivia:
• The name Easter owes its origin from Eastre, the Anglo-Saxon goddess who symbolizes hare and egg.
• Easter always falls between March 22 and April 25.
• Pysanka is a specific term used for the practice of Easter egg painting.
• The initial baskets of Easter resembled bird's nests.
• Next to Halloween, Easter holiday paves way for confectionary business to boom.
• Each year witnesses the making of nearly 90 million chocolate bunnies
• Nearly 700 million Peeps were sold in 2007; they can make up to 4.2 million Peeps a day!
• When it comes to eating of chocolate bunnies, it is the ears that are preferred to be eaten first by as many as 76% of people.
By the way: 1 Peep = 28 calories; 1 serving is 5 Peeps. That was surprising to me!!
Want to know how Peeps are made? The Chicago Tribune did a photo feature on the Peep-making process last week (or at least that's when I found it). I love picture #2.