Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Le petit déjeuner

This is a picture of my breakfast this morning.
{It's not a lovely picture, I know but it is the best I have.}

Here is the reason I took the picture:
Those eggs are Original Egg Beaters and this was my first ever Egg Beaters experience.

I'm not sure if it was my imagination or not, but I thought the Egg Beaters took longer than regular eggs to firm up during the cooking process. Outside of that and the fact they are poured from a cardboard container, they seemed like regular eggs.

I added garlic powder, dried basil, pepper and some bacon salt while they cooked and then gobbled them up post-photo.

My verdict: I like them! In fact I have already planned to have them for breakfast again tomorrow.
*Yes. I've been living under a rock. I know Egg Beaters have been around for a long time now and this is not a new-to-market product. However, it is still new-to-me.

Addendum from Egg Beaters website:
What's the right way to scramble Egg Beaters?
For skillet scrambling, spray nonstick skillet with PAM® No-Stick Cooking Spray and preheat over medium. Shake and pour desired amount of Egg Beaters into heated skillet. Cook without stirring until edges and bottom begin to set. Lift cooked portion and gently turn to scramble. Continue cooking until set.

No comments: