Monday, March 1, 2010

The weekend, sans photos

This weekend Rich's sister Cheryl came to visit! She was gifted "Gloria" a GPS system from her sons this Christmas. She plugged in our address, packed up LB (her pup), followed Gloria's instructions and came for a visit!

Friday night my brother and his wife joined us for dinner. We snacked on fresh WI cheese curds and crackers before sitting down to the main course: stuffed chicken breasts and steamed broccoli. For dessert we cracked open a boxed assortment of Jelly Belly's and some fudge. It was casual and fun!

Saturday Cheryl and I shopped 'til we dropped at the outlet mall. I was pretty sure I didn't need a thing before we headed there, but sure enough I walked out with quite a bit! We did score some pretty great deals, though!!! After all that shopping we came home for some R&R with the pups and Rich. We got pretty cozy at home, so we ordered pizza and stayed in.

Sunday we went a quest for some grub and ended up at Lone Spur. Rich wanted to introduce Cheryl to the "onion loaf," which is similar to an onion ring, but in bread loaf-form. It's tasty. Especially with their BBQ sauce. We ate and then headed to Ikea to look around. We again found some good stuff and I couldn't help but get the $1 soft-serve. Yum! We came home, said our goodbyes to Cheryl + LB and turned on the US/Canada Hockey game.

All-in-all it was a super fun weekend albeit very few (1) pictures were taken!! I hope Cheryl and LB come again soon. Next time I'll do a better job of documenting the visit!!

No comments: