Thursday, March 25, 2010

Procrastination

At 6:30p tonight I was given a deadline for work. The deadline? Tomorrow morning. My response when asked if I could meet it: "Oh sure! After all, I have 18 hours!"

I'm not sure if most people are procrastinators or not, but I am one. So instead of buckling down and getting to work, I went for a walk w/ the dog and then started watching The Real Housewives of NYC on Bravo. I'm on hour 2.5 of this programming and intend to watch another half hour.

As an aside: NYC is my favorite of all of the Real Housewives series. Bethenny Frankel is my favorite and Alex McCord is probably my second fave. Jill Zarin used to hold that spot, but based on how this season is going, she might not be any more.

While watching Housewives, I made dinner, talked on the phone, read some blogs, checked Facebook and now I'm blogging myself.

In the interest of full-disclosure, I did do some work mixed between everything else. I generated five reports and have spent quite a bit of time waiting for my Excel to catch up with me. But I've goofed off quite a bit!!

Editedto add: Last night I completed my necessary data pulls and assembled most of the metrics requested. I still have more work to do, but just one portion is left. I didn't stay up too late, but I did fall asleep watching television once again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I would have been like, um...no! I need more then 18 hours to meet a deadline, especially when most of those 18 hours is overnight!

I don't watch the NYC housewives, but I do lurve me some OC housewives-those shows can be addicting!