Isn't it nice that I found this so I at least blog once a week?! Things have been pretty sparse here lately. I ran into a computer issue the day before the Olympics and things haven't been the same since. Hopefully I'll get things straightened out in the next few weeks or so. In the meantime, thanks for continuing to check up on me!!
1. Of your current hobbies, which would you choose to spend more time, money, and effort on? Why?
In the last couple of years I've picked up a number of hobbies. Most recently I've wanted to work on sewing my own things - clothes, blankets, stuff. Rich bought me a sewing machine for Christmas and I've used it a few times. I want to get more daring. In other words, I want to graduate to trying a pattern.
2. List the two other hobbies/habitual activies (not chores) besides the one listed above that you regularly do now and didn’t choose in question one.
Knitting & Baking
3. Why are you spending time on the above two hobbies/habitual activies at all if you really wanted to spend your time on the first one you chose? …or to put it another way, what are these two hobbies/habitual activities fullfilling that the first one doesn’t if you don’t want to put all your effort into the first hobby?
Like I mentioned in my first response, I've picked up a bunch of new hobbies recently. I seem to enjoy meddling in a series of things. The other two hobbies are things I'm more comfortable with and can do while watching TV. And to be honest, the sewing thing will require much more attention and focus.
4. Read John 3:16 in the bible… In what way does this passage affect you? What are your feelings towards these words, positively or negatively?
I like it and find it comforting. It also makes me really want to go to church. On Palm Sunday. My favorite service of the year.
5. M&M’s: nuts, no nuts, or peanut butter?
Easy. Peanut Butter.
6. Putting away the feeling of pride being a bad thing; what secretly/openly are you proud about yourself?
This is nerdy, but true: when I create a complex report at work and it works - I am thrilled. I have been known to pump my fists in the air out of excitement.
7. Given one room in the house to do with what you want, not changing the actual size of the room and with all the money you would need, what would you do, and be specific? (this can range from bouncy floor,walls & ceilings; to hard wood floor with wood paneling and purple ceiling with a chair; to nothing)
I really like our kitchen and don't need a single change; however, in a dream world scenario I wouldn't be opposed to the following enhancements: industrial gas range, granite counter tops, a pair of stacked ovens, new refrigerator+freezer (fridge on top, freezer on bottom), walk-in pantry (!), wood floors that are magically scratch resistant, a funky new back splash, new cabinets (Rich says re-faced, but whatever money is no object, right?). And as long as we're on the subject, I'll take a self-cleaning kitchen, at that.
8. What’s the next movie you’re going to see? Not what you’d LIKE to GO see, but the next movie you realistically are going to watch.
Well, the next movie in our Netflix queue is The Time Travelers Wife and we are borrowing Gran Torino from my brother, so either one of those is likely.
9. Use the keyboard only and make your best smiley/funny/cool face –> like this! 8^)
In Yahoo! Instant Messenger, this was my favorite :(|)
*It's a monkey and awesome.
10. What makes you cry? What makes you pray? What makes you laugh?
Onions make me cry. And crying over onions makes me laugh. Hard. My mom and I have taken photos of our onion-tear-stained faces. We fake cry and laugh and then laugh and cry more onion-induced tears. Ahh... such a great time.
I wish I prayed on a more consistent basis because of my true answer: most of the time I either pray when I've done something bad or when I want something. I have prayed because I'm happy or reveling in my blessings, but I should do that more.
*Oh, back to laughter. Are you familiar with Mitch Hedberg? Rich just introduced me to his comedy last week. He was funny.