Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Ten on Tuesday
Thought I'd give this another whirl.
1. If you were given an hour to use a $200 Amazon gift card, what would you buy? According to the emails they send me, I'd buy cookbooks. But with $200, I'd get a magazine subscription and... okay, so that's the only thing I know I want right now. That leaves me with 59 minutes to browse other stuff. I'd have no problems spending the money, that's for sure.
2. Are there any fairly common foods that you’ve never had? I never had beef stroganoff. Not sure if you would consider that common, though.
3. What was your favorite way to use your imagination as a kid? We had polka-dot curtains in our bedroom and I would love pretending the dots could teleport you (via a Jetson's-style car) from one place to another. It was awesome! [One of the stops was K-mart... they had a quarter-operated miniature carousel and Icees, who wouldn't want to go there on a whim?!]
4. What’s your favorite state? Why? I tried thinking of other states I love, but Minnesota is my favorite. It's my home state, and I love it. [I also like NJ, but only because it is shaped like a peanut.]
5. If it was our culture to have our parents choose our spouses, do you think yours would make a good choice? Gosh, wouldn't that be different? It might work, afterall it's worked for people before, though it is hard to imagine. I'm pretty happy with what I've got, though.
6. What’s your favorite herb? Basil. Runners up are: rosemary, flat-leafed parsley and cilantro.
7. If you could have dinner with one celebrity, who would you choose? This is a tough one. I know there are famous people I really love and would love to talk with. But whoever they are, I'm drawing a blank right now. So instead I'd like to learn a little something - how about Ina Garten, Giada De Laurentiis or Martha Stewart. One of those three would be great!
8. What’s your favorite Disney movie? Hands down, The Little Mermaid!
9. If you had to listen to the same song over and over for 24 hours, what song would you choose? I gotta feeling, by the Black-eyed Peas. Yes, I still love that song!
10. How do you order your steak? I usually look to Rich for advice, but I am finally starting to learn what I like - medium. (For years I ordered 'well-done' only and was freaked out by any pinkness.)