Friday, July 31, 2009

July Craft: Expect Delays

Today is July 31st and I did not complete a July craft. I could say that the grilled pizzas were my craft of the month, but I'm tired of food fulfilling that role. I suppose I could also consider my July craft the sad herb pot I planted, but that's not exactly what I had in mind. {BTW - the herb pot is much improved!! I've been meaning to post an updated photo, though I'm not sure it will do the plants much justice. I've been harvesting the herbs left and right, so they are still rather small.}

I made something else new today (I will blog about it soon), I could count that, but don't want to because here's the deal: I have future crafts planned; I just haven't started any of them. In fact, I have all of the materials for the craft I wanted to do in July. I've had the stuff since May. I know exactly where the supplies are in our house. I just haven't done anything yet. Instead I like sitting around reading magazines or watching TV.

For example, right now it is 10:48p and Rich is working super hard sorting through still unpacked boxes and moving them to appropriate rooms. And what am I doing? Sitting on the couch, watching a Nightline feature about Kelly Clarkson... and typing this post.

Another thing I didn't do this month? I didn't read our book club book. Granted, July Book Club has been postponed until August 3rd, so I still have a chance on that one.

I will complete my July craft, but in the month of August. I will unpack a box sometime in the future. But first I'm going to finish the magazine I was reading last night.

No comments: