Sunday, July 5, 2009

Green Bean Salad

From my farmer's market purchases, I created a fresh green bean salad for a fun summer side dish. I honestly just mixed up some stuff, so I don't have an exact recipe, only approximations.
Green Bean Salad
(Source: me!)
Ingredients

1.5 c Green beans (ends trimmed and cut into 1.5" pieces)
1.5 c. Yellow wax beans (ends trimmed and cut into 1.5" pieces)
1/2 pint of grape tomatoes, halved
2 T. prepared pesto
2 T. Apple cider vinegar
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Blanch the beans by plunging them into a pot of simmering salted water for 4-5 minutes, until tender. Drain and spread out to cool (or place in an ice bath to stop the cooking process). {to be honest, I didn't do this. I forgot. After the salad was made, I ended up microwaving the salad for 1 minute to help cook the beans -- they need to be cooked for a little bit}

Put the beans in a large bowl, add grape tomatoes, pesto, vinegar and salt and pepper. Mix to coat. Serve. Eat. {I stored my leftovers in the fridge where it will keep for several days}

No comments: