Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Roasted Vegetables

Monday night I decided to finally use the Harvest Vegetables I bought from Trader Joe's. In addition to the peeled and pre-cut portions of acorn squash, parsnips and sweet potato, I added a few whole garlic cloves, brussel sprouts, fresh thyme and rosemary. I tossed the mixture in 1 tsp of olive oil, added a bit of salt and pepper, then layered the veggies on a parchment paper lined cookie tray. I roasted the veggies at 400ยบ F for ~40 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. Once out of the oven - add additional salt and pepper, as needed.

I don't remember what our protein was for this meal - but I do remember the veggies were scrumptious. It does take a while for these to cook, so you may want to plan ahead, or eat a small pre-dinner snack. *BTW - the addition of the parchment paper was immensely helpful to ensure the carmelized-veggie-goodness stayed on the veggie, not the cookie sheet.

No comments: