Saturday, January 17, 2009

Blackberry Smoothie

In the course of two years, we were gifted three Magic Bullets. Christmas of 2006 we received a Magic Bullet each from both my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. Once home, I became a smoothie-making machine. In retrospect, I might have made too many because before long Magic Bullet #1 was out of commission. We must've made mention of this to my mother-in-law, because Christmas 2007 we were gifted with the Magic Bullet she had bought for herself. And that is how we came to have three Magic Bullets in the couse of 2 years. Either way -- Magic Bullet # 2 & 3 are still fully operational and make delicious smoothies. I've also used it to chop nuts, make soup, and of course margaritas.

This morning I whipped up a blackberry smoothie. It was a very tasty treat and a great start to the day.

Blackberry Smoothie
Ingredients:
1 c. Blackberries
1 c. cold water
1/4 pkg. vanilla pudding
2 ice cubes

Combine all ingredients in the Magic Bullet, blend and enjoy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your recipes sound really good! For the smoothie one, is it the pudding mix in powdered form you put in, or do you make the pudding first (maybe this is a dumb question? :-/ ). Would you believe I've never made a smoothie?! But I want to start, as Gary's diet will soon be limited to things like that, temporarily. Also, the "Spring" is a brilliant idea -- we love spring rolls too but it never occurred to me to just eat the innards. Great! See you! Love, Janet Hill

Nicole said...

Hi Janet -
It is a good question! I used dry pudding mix, though I'm sure you could use prepared pudding. Jello started making these single serving packages of instant pudding that would work perfectly (plus then you don’t have to have 3/4 bag of pudding lying around). Here’s the link (http://brands.kraftfoods.com/jello/products/pudding/pudding-singles/) I'll email you some other ideas, if you are in the market. :)