1. If you could travel back in time, would you? What decade would you visit?
Sure! I would want to go back to the 1920s. Is that crazy? I'd like to experience a week on a farm and then in a city, just to see what life was like.
2. What was your best Halloween costume? (fun to make? most creative?)
My senior year of college I had a nurse costume: white smock, nurse cap with a red cross on it, bright red lips and a pair of white tennis shoes. I loved the ensemble and have kept it on deck ever since, just in case I'm invited to an impromptu costume party.
3. Do you like your name? If you weren’t called by your name, what would you want to be called?
Eh. I've went in phases, but I'm not changing it so it's here to stay. I don't have any other names I want to go by, so this one works for me!
As an aside, for some reason I don't like when Rich calls me Nicole. It just feels weird to me. However, I love when he calls me Nic. Unfortunately, that is a rare occurrence.
4. In the past year, what is the BEST recipe you made. Please share it!
I tried making a number of things this year. While many were tasty, very few were made more than once. But Julia Child's Coq Au Vin I made twice, including once for a dinner party. The recipe consists of a number of steps, but the results are delish and most of it can be completed well in advance of your guests arrival.
5. Look around – what is the nearest object or picture hanging on the wall?
6. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? Would you recommend it?
Alice in Wonderland. It was my first 3D IMAX film ever and the visuals were awesome! Consider it recommended.
7. Did you go to summer camp? Will you/do you send your kids to camp?
Sure did! I went to a Camp Wapo in Amery, WI. It is a Lutheran bible camp and I always had a great time. I would love to provide a similar opportunity to my future kids some day.
8. What kind of ringtone do you have?
No songs for me, my ringtone is your basic telephone ring.
9. Where is the farthest away from home you have ever been?
With a loved one? Tahiti. By myself? California.
10. Has anyone ever written a song or a poem for or about you?
I don't believe so. Though when I was a kid my mom changed the lyrics of "Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Daughter" to our last name instead. I was pretty old before I learned the true lyrics.