Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sprung

Spring has sprung. Trees are budding, grass is greening and I am day dreaming of flowers, plants and gardens.

However, I am not a gardener. My mom is. She has skillz I can only dream of. So instead I hope that she has enough time to work in her gardens and help me with mine!

Rich and I would love to have a full-fledged garden, but I can't seem to conceptualize where I would put it. Thus, this year we will attempt container gardening. We tried tomato plants at our old house, but squirrels and chipmunks harvested the fruits of our labor before we could. At our new house we have a different layout that I think will lead to more success.

I don't know what types of crops we'll plant - but for sure there will be herbs. And I've got a head start on those already!!
Last Sunday (3/28/10) we bought this herb kit. By Saturday (4/3/10) we had germination and growth of basil and the start of chives. And Monday (4/5/10) we had full on cotyledons!
Come on parsley! Get growing!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Ahhhh, what is a cotyledon? This is adorable. Maybe I should get one of these too. I love it!!! m

Mom said...

OMG...cotyledons are my college dollars talking to me and I didn't even know it. That's my girl!!! Mom