Monday, February 23, 2009

Spring Cleaning

We are in the midst of doing some serious spring cleaning!! We have an amazing ability to accumulate. It's quite remarkable in a grotesque, materialistic way.

Anyhow, we are sorting, super-savering and donating our way through the house, starting with our closets.

Saturday we went through Rich's closet. Then yesterday I spent the day going through my closet while Rich went through the coat closet.

I feel like I go through my closet with some frequency to weed things out for donation or garbage, but yesterday was like no previous time. I went through absolutely every item, including my big bulky winter sweaters and sweatshirts. I created four piles: donation, storage, garbage and keep.

I *really* wish I would have taken before photos, because it is crazy how much more space we have now. Tonight I'm going to go through our linen closet. I will for sure take before photos!

Also - I'm going to keep track of the number of bags of things I have donated:
2/19 - 3 bags (R's clothing, lamps, candles, candle holders)
2/20 - 2 bags (N's sweaters, bath mat, soap, frame)
2/23 - 4 bags (N's clothing, coats, mittens, hats, scarves, shoes, purses, wallets)

No comments: