Saturday, February 6, 2010

Polar Plunge: Mission Accomplished

Today I jumped in a frozen lake. On purpose. For a good cause. And because I thought it would be a "life experience."

Today, I was "freezin' for a reason" for the Maple Grove edition of the Polar Plunge. From their website: "The Polar Bear Plunge (presented by Minnesota Law Enforcement to benefit Special Olympics Minnesota and part of the year-round fundraising of the Law Enforcement Torch Run to benefit Special Olympics Minnesota) is a unique opportunity for individuals, organizations and businesses to support Special Olympics athletes by jumping into frigid Minnesota waters. January through March, 13 plunges across the state give you the chance to be Freezin' for a Reason!"

I raised $265.00 for Special Olympics Minnesota. Pretty rad. Thanks for your donations! They meant a lot to many, especially me.

So, without further adieu. My Polar Plunge Photo montage:
Special thanks to my photographer: my husband, my cheerleader: my mom, my supporters: many friends and family.
{images with the word "Proof" across them are courtesy of CL!X Portrait Studios: Sports & Event Photography}

*For the record, I would totally do this again.

4 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

Polar plunge! Man, you are one amazing woman!

Anonymous said...

You ARE awesome. I am very proud of you! m

Dominika Kryjak said...

OMG, you are my idol, Nicole! I wish I was there to cheer for you! We both were thinking about you though! Amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO